India’s first data driven social platform to enhance child growth and development during the critical stage of child development from birth date till 5 years!
Handling A Colicky Baby
If your little one has been crying incessantly for over three hours and for more than three days, chances are that she is suffering from colic pains in her tummy. Your baby could have a gassy tummy resulting in a high pitched cry. Experts are still debating about the nature and cause of colic pains. Good news is that it subsides within six months of birth, so you don’t have to worry about it being a long term event.
Handling a colicky baby is stressful and there is no cookie cutter method that works for every infant. You know your baby the best. Just trust your instinct and follow your own methods to soothe your little one. Here are some tips that could help.
1. Gentle massage could soothe your crying baby.
2. Divert your little one’s attention by playing their favourite music or flashing a toy.
3. Keep your baby against your chest or shoulder and go for a walk. Rub her back gently.
4. Avoid closed, congested areas and help your little one to get some clean air.
5. Cuddle them and keep them warm in your arms.
6. Finally, if you are a breastfeeding mom, keep a diary of the foods that you ate which could have irritated your little one’s tummy. Understanding your baby’s cues could help in easing the colicky pain.