India’s first data driven social platform to enhance child growth and development during the critical stage of child development from birth date till 5 years!
Strip Word Formation
You need to make sure your kid is ready to perform this task. This is a good way to test your child’s reading abilities. Be supportive in your actions so that he stays focused.
Requisites: Chart paper, scissors, glue and pen.
1. Spread a white chart paper on the table.
2. Write down the latter part of certain words like ‘at’, ‘end’ etc.
3. Now take a coloured paper and make rectangular strips using it.
4. Write down the former part of words on these strips. For example- ‘Th’, ‘Bl’ etc.
5. Spread these strips on the table and ask your kid to complete the words on the white sheet.
You can offer a demo so that your child can learn. Do not let him feel low on confidence. You can even offer hints, if he is finding it difficult.