Bonding With Your Baby Through Activity And Play
Bonding with your baby right from the start is a great way to communicate with her at this stage as there is no other way to establish a connection at this young age.
There are several ways you can try to bond with you baby. Here are a few:
1. Breastfeeding is an excellent way to bond with your baby. This helps her identify you by your touch and sense.
2. Sleep next to her as she sleeps as she needs to find you when she wakes up. This will help her feel safe and secure.
3. Put your phone or book away as you spend time with your baby. Pay absolute attention to her while she is with you.
4. Respond as much as possible when she cries for you. Pick her up and soothe her when she feels uneasy. This will make her feel you are always there for her.
5. Hold her close to you so you can listen to her heartbeat. You can also let her listen to yours. This is a great way to establish a bond with her.
6. Cleaning up your baby also helps you bond with her. Sounds weird, but it really does. Changing her, bathing her and taking care of her will strengthen the bond between the two of you.
7. Talk to her as much as you can. This will help her familiarize with your voice. Later on, you can soothe her just by letting her know you are around.
8. Sing to her when you are rocking her to sleep.