How To Protect Your Baby From Mosquito Bites?
Mosquitoes are carriers of various harmful diseases, like malaria, dengue, chikun guniya, etc. that can really take a toll on your child’s development. You need to make sure to take the much needed steps to keep your child safe from all the diseases.
Here are some ways how:
1. Keep the mosquitoes out of your house. Make sure there is no still water around your house so that the mosquitoes do not breed. Keep all the windows closed during early mornings and in the evenings.
2. Use mosquito net around your child’s crib. Install mesh to your windows so that you can keep the mosquitoes at bay even if you keep the windows open.
3. Use child-friendly mosquito repellents. These primarily work on the basis of smell that helps keep mosquitoes away. They do not have harmful chemicals that can cause rashes on your child’s skin. These are used on the clothes of your child and there will be no direct contact with your child’s skin.
4. Clothe your child in appropriate clothes so that she will not get bit by mosquitoes. Make sure no area is exposed.
5. Try using natural mosquito repellents, like lemongrass and citronella. These work quite well and will not cause any harm to your child.
6. Avoid using mosquito coils, electric vaporizers, sprays or mats. These are full of chemicals that can have a bad impact on your child’s health.
7. If your child gets bitten, use coconut oil, aloe very, etc. to sooth the area so that she will not feel much discomfort. Do not let her scratch the bite too much. Use rubbing motions to sooth the area.