Offer Homemade Juice Without Adding Any Sweetening Agent
- While giving juices to your baby, dilute the juice in the ratio 1:10. i.e. one part of juice and 10 parts of boiled and cooled water. Avoid adding sugar. It can cause tooth decay in your little one.
- Give him juice in a cup. No bottle. This can lead to dental problems.
- Your baby needs a healthy combination of milk and solid foods. Please limit fruit juice to 3 to 4 ounces total per day. It should not affect the amount of solid intake for your baby.
- Ensure that your baby doesn’t have juice many times during the day. You can make it part of the meals or give it as a midtime snack. Also, offer only fresh, home squeezed juice to your cutie pie.
- Please consult the paediatrician if you have any concerns about juice intake.