India’s first data driven social platform to enhance child growth and development during the critical stage of child development from birth date till 5 years!
Provide A Variety Of Learning Stimuli
Babies at this age spend more time awake and alert and become more curious about their parents and about objects that they see and your little one is no different. Encourage the learning process by talking to your tiny one, responding to his vocal expressions and providing colourful age-appropriate toys.
Your baby will engage you with facial expressions, vocalizations and gestures
1. Enhance your baby‘s brain development by providing them with a variety of learning opportunities. Gently clap your baby’s hands together or stretch arms (crossed, out wide or overhead).
2. Babies learn through new textures, sounds and sight. Make sure you provide your little one with colorful toys and props, which produce soft and harmonious sounds. Use a favourite toy for your baby to focus on and follow, or shake a rattle for your kiddo to find.
3. Babies also start to explore their surroundings with their hands, reaching out, swatting at, and grasping for a favourite toy. Put the noisemakers in his hand and help him make the sounds himself.
4. Gather lots of items that makes a noise, such as a piece of crinkly wrapping paper, a squeaky toy, and some tin foil. Sit or lie next to your baby and crinkle your objects, so he can hear their sounds.
5. Read to him. While he may not understand your words yet, he will look at the pictures and he will appreciate hearing the sound of your voice. Sitting with you as you read gives him cuddle time with you which is very important for his development.
6. Dangle a toy or object over him and let him try to grab it. Babies begin to reach for objects as early as 2 months of age, and you can encourage him to develop his fine-motor skills by giving him interesting toys and items to grab.
7. Develop his gross motor skills by laying him on his tummy and encouraging him to lift his head and look at you.