Quick Tricks To Treat Eczema in Your Child
Eczema is quite a common skin condition in babies of this age, wherein itchiness, extreme dryness, patchiness, or in some cases, blisters can appear on the little one's skin. It usually appears in the first year of life. In fact, as many as 10% of all infants have some form of eczema. While there are different types of eczema, the most common form is called atopic dermatitis (AD). AD is a chronic condition that starts by affecting the immune system.
1. Eczema usually appears on the face, cheeks, chin, forehead and scalp. It can also spread to other areas of the body.So try to keep that area moist with the help of moisturiser, as dryness can increase the irritation.
2. Cleansers should be used instead of soaps, as soap can make your child's skin rough and affected area more worse.
3. Keep the area clean. Proper bathing routine is the key to treat your child. It helps to keep your child skin moist and clean.
4. Bleach baths can be used if your child has a history of infection. As bleach bath can control staph bacteria, which is a common cause of infection.
5. Most gentle baby shampoos are safe and effective to use. Choose shampoos that are unscented and dye-free. The fewer the ingredients, the better.