Your Baby's Diaper Can Be The Culprit Too- Find Out How
Very often, it so happens that a diaper can cause a lot of discomfort to your baby. Make sure you constantly check for signs of discomfort like crying or crankiness so that you tend to it immediately.
These are the points you need to keep a look out for.
1. Not all kinds of diapers will agree with your baby’s skin. Make sure that the material of the diaper does not cause any harm to the tender skin of your baby.
2. Your baby’s skin is very sensitive at this age. Make sure you change the diaper after he has soiled it. Prolonged contact of his skin with his urine can also create problems to your baby’s skin.
3. Diaper rash is another common problem at this stage. Get the right diaper rash cream, baby wipes, and baby powder that keep diaper rash at bay.
4. As your baby poops in his diaper, make sure to change the diaper immediately as any delay with this can cause bacterial and fungal infections. Wipe the area with a warm washcloth or wipes and follow it up with baby powder. Then, put a new pair of diapers on him.
5. There are several sizes of diapers available in the market, depending on the age of your baby. Get the ones that fit him well, not too tight but not too loose either. The purpose of a diaper is to contain his pee and poop without causing any leakage.
6. Let him move about the house without any diaper on. Allow his skin to get exposed to the natural air around him. Always remember to keep his diaper area dry.