Be Firm And Consistent While Disciplining Your Child
Discipline is a principle that should be brought about and established at a very young age. As a parent, you may feel like it can be a hard task to do as it requires for you to be stern. But if you find the right trick that works for your child, there is really no going wrong.
1. Do not take the Hitler approach with your child as you try to discipline her. It is quite often misunderstood that the only way to discipline a child is to be very strict. It is quite the opposite actually. You can be nice as you discipline your child and it will tend to be better engraved rather than you being strict.
2. Be a good role model to your child. If you display a certain decorum, your child is sure to pick up on them without much effort as she would have gotten used to seeing them on a daily basis. This helps reduce the amount of effort that takes into teaching your child a thing or two.
3. Be patient with your child. Discipline is not something she can perfect in a day. The whole concept of it will be quite new and she will need time to get used to the same. Let her pick up certain things in her own pace rather than piling them on to her.
4. Make sure to let her know what is wrong and what is right on a regular basis. If you notice something to be out of place, let her know that she made a mistake and she should not repeat the same. It is good to be firm rather than otherwise, but it is not completely right to be strict as it can have a completely opposite impact altogether.
5. If your child retaliates by throwing tantrums, let her be for a while. She will lose her energy to keep up with it and will stop in a while. Do not scream or shout at her as it may only make her rebel against you.