Do Not Do Your Kids' Homework For Them
Your child does a lot of learning at school and to reinforce what she has learnt, homework is an absolute necessity. At times, your child will face trouble with respect to finishing up with her homework for the fact that she may find it difficult or she may have not understood the subject as much as she should. Here is how you can help:
1. Homework is only meant for your child. It is not something that you should do if she is unable to go through with it. Do not at any cost, work on your child’s homework to make it easier for her. This can turn into a habit and she may not even attempt to finish it if she realizes that you will do it for her.
2. Understand why she is not able to do her homework. Find out whether she is facing difficulty because of the complexity or because of her lack of understanding. Sometimes, it can just be her mood.
3. Target the reasons after finding out the same. If the complexity of her homework is too high, you can help by making her understand how she can go about it. You can also have a word with her teacher.
4. If your child has trouble understanding the concept, you can help by explaining the same to her so she understands it. Try again and again to simplify the explanation so she is thorough with it.
5. Find fun ways to deal with homework. Make it a joyful experience so she looks forward to finishing her homework.