Have A Steady And Consistent Approach While Teaching Your Kid About Eye Contact
Holding a keen eye contact really helps for effective communication. Helping your child understand and learn the importance of eye contact and how to carry it out must be taught right from a very young age. This will have innumerable benefits later on. Here is how you can help.
1. Teaching your child eye contact by holding eye contact with her as you talk is the first and the foremost step. This will help her understand how it is done. This will also help her understand what you are trying to communicate in a much efficient way.
2. Your child’s attention will improve drastically on holding good eye contact. Make sure you look into her eyes as you speak to her so she can easily focus on making eye contact with you in the exact same way.
3. Teach your child eye contact as you teach her about other basic mannerisms. Practically implement it as much as possible so it is retained in her memory. As she does this over and over, it becomes a habit and she will hold eye contact when she participates in any conversation.
4. Make sure she learns the right way of making eye contact. It can be quite awkward if she glares or stares at someone instead of just the soft gaze she needs to hold. It can come across to the person she is conversing with, that she is too proud.
5. You can help her understand how to make eye contact in a much better way by making her involve in activities.