How To React If Your Kid Wakes At Night?
A good night's sleep is really important for a growing child as sound sleep restores all the energy your child needs for the following day's activities. It is also necessary for adequate growth and development. Here are a few things you can do to help her if she wakes up in the middle of the night as well as steps you can take so she sleeps through the night.
1. One of the most common reasons for disturbed sleep is over stimulation. If your child is extremely tired or extremely energetic when it is almost time for bed, she may wake up in the middle of the night. Comfort her when this happens by talking to her for a while.
2. Another situation where you need to comfort her is when she wakes up having a nightmare. She may dream about something unpleasant or something that scares her. Spend a little time with her in such cases, so she feels safe. You can then tell her a story to help her go back to sleep.
3. Check if she has wet the bed or if she has to go to the bathroom.
4. The temperature plays a vital role in her sleeping well. If it is too hot or too cold, she may wake up from her slumber. Make sure she is comfortable in her sleep.
5. Ask her if she is feeling hungry or if she wants a drink of water when she wakes up. Make sure she is well fed before she sleeps. Keep her hydrated to avoid this.