Importance Of Nutritious Food
Your growing child requires a huge spread of various nutrients that aid in a healthy growth and development. It is necessary and vital that you pay attention to the nutritional requirements of your child so that his development does not get affected. Here are the things you need to keep in mind.
1. Protein is a much needed nutrient at a growing stage because it helps in the development of muscles and strengthens them. It helps in breaking food into energy, which your child will need for his activities throughout the day. Meat, nuts, dairy, are a few foods that are to be consumed by your child.
2. Carbohydrates are very important because they are the primary sources of energy to your child's body. Rice, potato, bread, cereals are very rich in carbohydrates.
3. Fats help in protecting your child's body. They are also good sources of energy and are needed for a healthy development. Oils, nuts, dairy are some of the foods you need to include in your child's diet.
4. Make sure he gets plenty of vitamins and minerals. These are present in abundance in green leafy vegetables, like kale, spinach, cabbage, lettuce, etc.
5. Most of all, your child needs to develop a habit of healthy eating right from the start because it can be quite difficult for him to start a healthy diet later on. This can really take a toll on his health. A balanced diet with adequate amounts of the above mentioned nutrients will nourish your child's growth.