Keep Pointing Out Road Signs And Traffic Signals When You Go Out With Your Kid
At this age, your child will have begun school and he will step out of the house quite often. He needs to know the importance of safety rules and well as traffic rules. Help him become self reliant by introducing road signs and traffic signals to him.
1. Talk to your child about road safety to start off with. Tell him that he needs to take the footpath when he walks and he should cross at the zebra crossing.
2. Tell him that he needs to look both sides before crossing the road. Tell him what the colors at the traffic signal represent. Make sure he understands the concept really well.
3. You can also help your child learn these really well by making use of charts and educational apps. Let him get a good understanding of the safety rules theoretically.
4. Next, take him out for a stroll so you can practically demonstrate the rules you have taught him. Make him follow you as you follow the safety rules and traffic rules.
5. Make sure to let him know over and over as you drive him to school or anywhere else. Show him how the pedestrians always walk on the footpath.
6. Introduce the concept of lane discipline to your child. Let him know on which side he needs to get out of a car. Make him aware of the moving traffic and how indication is done.
7. Ask him to follow these rules even when he is riding his bicycle around your neighbourhood to get him a head start.