Keep Up Steady Communication With Your Kid's Teacher
Keeping in touch with your child's teacher by frequently attending parent teacher meetings will help you get a great insight into your child's performance and participation in both curricular and extra curricular activities. Here are a few ways you can go about it.
1. Make it a point to raise your concerns to your child's teacher. If you notice that he is taking a little extra time to learn a concept or he needs more understanding of the same, let his teacher know about it.
2. Talk to your child's teacher about how well he is able to work on his homework. Let the teacher know if there are any snags with respect to the same. This will help you as well as your child's teacher to come up with a solution to help him.
3. You need to understand the teacher's perspective with respect to teaching your child in a certain manner. If there are any differences in opinion, have a talk wherein you ask the teacher to shed some light as to what the outcome is of the lesson.
4. Ask the teacher about your child's extracurricular participation as well. This is very important because your child needs to open up to things other than just academics like socializing, playing games with his peers as well as taking part in various activities conducted by the school like plays and recitals.
5. Ask the teacher how you can help him with respect to schoolwork. This will in turn help your child.