Make Sure That Your Kid Gets Adequate Nutrition and Sleep
As your child grows, he tends to become a lot more active than before. He needs a ton of energy to perform all the activities he enjoys throughout the day. At this point, you need to make sure that he receives adequate nutrition and sleep, as they directly impact on his growth and health. Here are the things you need to keep in mind.
1. Children at this age tend to become very picky when it comes to eating. Make sure this does not happen with your child, at least with a lot of foods. Make it a habit from the start to feed him all the veggies and fruits so that he will not dislike them.
2. Your child currently requires good amounts of carbohydrates to keep him active for all the fun and games. Make sure there is a substantial amount of carbs in each and every meal of his. Rice and potatoes are some brilliant sources.
3. Proteins are again very much needed for muscle growth and development. Ensure there are adequate amounts of protein in his diet. Legumes, green veggies, chicken are a few good sources of protein.
4. Fiber is necessary for a good digestive system. Include oats, flax seeds, corn, green leafy vegetables in his diet, so his digestion takes place easily. This also maintains a healthy colon.
5. Hydration also plays a key role in your child's health. It flushes all the toxins out of his body and keeps his skin clean. Allow him to drink water in small quantities throughout the day.
6. His sleep plays a major role in his development, too! He needs to get plenty of sleep in the night and of course, a nap in the noon to restore all the energy for the next set of activities.