Practice Of Social Skills Is Important
Social skills play a significant role in your child growing up. As your child begins to socialize amongst his peers, teachers, relatives or anybody for that matter, he is expected to have good social skills. As a parent, it should be your number one priority to tune his skills to help him have good social behavior. Here are a few things you can do:
1. Teach him how to follow instructions. This is going to take some time, but an early start will rescue you. Simple instructions like taking his seat, eating his food, etc. should be made to follow right at home, so he won't face an issue as he begins to go to school.
2. Being nice to others is always golden. The magic words like thank you, sorry, please, etc. that reflect on his morale and behavior are to be taught right from the start. This can be done by you using them as much as possible as you talk to him every day.
3. Listening when someone is saying something should be taught to him as well. Tell him that it is very rude to interrupt when someone is talking and that he should listen to what they have to say.
4. As he plays with his peers, make him understand that taking turns is a very good thing to do. Let him know that everyone needs to get a turn.
5. Make sure he is nor rude to any of his peers. Observe whether your child picks on anyone. If so, this needs to be nipped in the bud.