Prompt Your Kids To Share Stories About Their Day With You
Talking to your child on an everyday basis about what goes on in her life is a really good way of staying connected with her. This will not just help foster your relationship with her, but it also helps with her growth and development.
1. Talking to your child, as mentioned earlier, serves as a fantastic medium to bond with her. This will make her feel safe and secure around you and this will help her open up to you whenever she needs to convey something to you.
2. Knowing what goes on in her life will help you keep a check on how she is doing. You can understand her feelings and emotions. This will also help you prepare if she is going through a tough time
3. Your child may not be able to tell you everything about her day all at a stretch. You can help by asking her suggestive questions that help jog her memory.
4. Ask her what she did at school, how her classes were, if she had fun with her friends, etc. This will help her open up to you and she will not hesitate to tell you about her day as it pretty much becomes a routine.
5. This exercise is a great way to build her communication skills and vocabulary. Her pronunciation will improve and she will be able to convey what she is thinking of in a much better form.
6. Make sure you don't cut her off at any point and pay absolute attention to her. Consider everything she has to say.