Quick Hacks To Deal With Your Kid's Fear Of Darkness
1. Accept the fact that your kid fears darkness, it is quite common. You are not the only mom dealing with a fearful child.
2. Try asking your child to hunt for items in the dark, just like a scavenger hunt. You have to assist him so that he doesn’t go low on confidence. Be with him and reiterate that there is nothing to fear.
3. Observe his behavior and emotions during this task. You can also try a candle-light dinner with the family with all the lights off. Camping in the garden area would also help your kid slowly get used to dark areas.
4. Teach your child that darkness is the absence of light and there is nothing more associated with it.
5. Make sure no one in the family plays a prank on your kid related to the darkness. Such a fear would haunt him lifelong so be very careful. Confidence building tasks can also be practiced to curb this fear.