Signs That Your Kid Is A Victim Of Bullying
Your child might be a victim of bullying at his school or playground. Bullying in any form, be it physical or emotional, is harmful for children. It’s important to learn to recognize the signs that your child is a victim of bullying.
Here’s what you should look out for:
1. Your chatterbox kiddo suddenly stopped talking to you as he does. He is lost or spends more time in bed. He is not sharing about his day or friends in school. This change in behaviour is an alarming sign for you to check what’s wrong with him.
2. You should be worried if your happy-go-lucky kid refuses to go to school or the playground suddenly. Check if he is making excuses to stay at home or asks for spending more time with you. He might be afraid of being bullied again and lost his confidence from coping with the situation.
3. Check if your child is unexpectedly and indirectly talking to you regarding bullying. Check if his minds gets disturbed while watching a bully situation on TV.
4. Check if your child has sleepless nights. He might be waking up several times at night or not be ready to get out of bed in the mornings. This anxiety might be due to being bullied.
5. Unexplainable physical injuries, shift in friends, sudden downfall in grades, torn clothes or belongings, are few others things that require your attention. Talk to your child and keep asking him if he is being bullied. Talk to his teacher or other fellows to find out the real cause behind the notable changes in him.