Start Consulting A Dentist From An Early Age
Healthy teeth and gums are vital to your child’s general health. Early dental hygiene and supervision by a professional are essential for healthy teeth. The earlier any problems are detected, the better the result of treatment. Here is why and how a dentist can help:
1. Your child needs to see a dentist as milk teeth are more prone to decay. Your dentist will tell you and your child the preventive measures and treatments for decay, such as painting teeth with fluoride varnish to strengthen enamel.
2. At this age most of the children are into bad eating habits. As a general precaution, you should keep away your child from foods rich in sugar and starch. Your dentist will provide a guide for oral care so that your child will have excellent dental hygiene as he matures.
3. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating and other medical issues. Your child with healthy teeth will chew food easily, speak clearly and smile with confidence.
4. Talk to your child’s dentist about the need to floss his teeth. He will tell you the proper way to floss and brush your child's teeth and additional information based on the specific condition of your child's teeth. Dentist will also keep your child's teeth healthy by removing plaque build-up and food debris that may be stuck in his teeth.
5. Visiting a dentist and keeping his mouth open for check-up may be a traumatic for your child. Encourage him to visit the dentist for a healthy tooth. Make your regular visits to the pediatric dentist a fun adventure that always yields some type of tooth-friendly reward.