Suit The Punishment To The Temperament Of Your Kid
Parents are often experts of finding new and innovative ways to punish their child in order to teach him a lesson. If you are one of those, there are certain things you need to realize. Punishing your child according to the "crime" committed by him can be quite challenging as it becomes slightly difficult to understand the intensity of the same.
Here are some things you need to know:
1. Always understand if your child is aware that he made a mistake. Kids at this age often tend to do things without actually knowing what the consequences are. Your child may not be aware at all about the concept of it being wrong.
2. If your child knows that what he did was a mistake, ask him the reason behind why he choose to do it even after knowing what he did was wrong. This may surprise you, but sometimes, your child may have what it seems like a valid reason to support the reason.
3. Understand what your child is capable of dealing with as a punishment. Know his limitations before you resort to punishing him with something. Your child must need feel like it cannot be accomplished, but he should understand that is it given to him so he understands the consequences of his actions.
4. Make sure that the punishment you choose makes your child learn about something. Let the punishment have an outcome too, knowledge and discipline. The whole point of a punishment is to instill some ways that help your child turn out to be a disciplined individual.
5. Finally, do not forget the purpose of this whole exercise. You are punishing your child because he committed a mistake. Do not let your ego kick in and lose track of the situation.