Teach Your Kid To Have Confidence In Themselves
Confident kids are always successful and can face any situation. As your kid starts school, he should be more self reliant. To help your child handle meanness better, make him more self-confident about his abilities and positive qualities. Tell your child to ignore children who are being mean, as reacting will only make the matter worse. Do not let your child develop a sense of hatred for the other child.
Here are some tips for raising confident kids:
1. Love your child. Assure him you are always with him and he should do what he feels is right.
2. Appreciate his efforts. This boosts his confidence level.
3. Tell him it’s ok to fail. There is always a next time.
4. Allow him to explore new things. They will become capable and will learn to do on their own. Don’t dissuade your child as this will hurt the confidence.
5. Encourage him to pursue their passion.
6. You should be the role model. So, be confident and show him the way.
7. Set goals for him.
8. Allow him to help. This helps in building his confidence.
9. Don’t be upset over mistakes and reprimand them. They will learn from mistake and will take it in their stride.
10. Allow him to face some situations on their own. Do not always jump to help. If they are on their own they will be more confident.
11. Guide your child what is over confidence as opposed to self confidence. Tell him that confidence comes from knowledge whereas over confidence comes from lack of knowledge. So he must develop more and more knowledge and feel confident about what is being learnt.
Remember, confidence is the path to success. Raising kids with confidence is the best gift we can give them.