Teaching Language Through Conversation
The most important factor in a child's success in any language is the parent's interest and encouragement. In this competitive world, every parent wants their kids to be perfect in every language. But the question arises, what a parent can actually do to help the child learn the particular language. Here are some suggestions:
1. If you want your child to be perfect in any language then you should be using that language yourself as kids always follow their parent's footprints.
2. Provide your kiddo with the books in the same language and try reading with him every day to improve his fluency.
3. Turning on the radio is also a very good idea. The radio these days offers the chance to listen to the different languages spoken by lots of different speakers. All you need to do is to just switch on the radio in the background during the daily chores.
4. Whenever you are with your kiddo, keep conversing in the same language and try to use the new words or construct the difficult sentences to improve his language skills. Try to introduce two to three words in a day as exposure to more new words may puzzle your little one.
5. Once your kiddo starts using the language fluently then tell him about his mistakes. Be humble and simply ask him to repeat after you so that he can get the actual word or the sentence.
6. Don't forget to praise your kiddo every time he uses a difficult word or a complex sentence. This will build his confidence.