Things To Keep In Mind About Your Child's Social Life
As your child grows older, she will begin to socialize amongst her peers at school and people she comes across every day. This is a great way to keep her social life going, but you need to keep a few things in check so you know she is not in any trouble.
1. Once your child begins school, she will be around a lot of children of the same age group. Have conversations with her to find out if she is being accepted by her friends and if she is able to get along with them with ease.
2. Check on her to find out if she is being bullied or if she is bullying someone. Attend parent teacher conferences as much as you can to find out about the same. This will help you keep a check on her at school.
3. Observe here during play dates as well as at play groups. This can tell a lot about your child’s social behaviour. Teach her some important social behaviour like taking turns, listening, giving others a chance to play, etc.
4. As she mingles with others, there is a huge possibility of her picking up bad language or inappropriate language. If you find her using language you do not approve of, make sure to rid her of this before it can turn into a habit.
5. She can also pick up some inappropriate actions. Let her know the reason behind why you do not approve of it so she understands the reason. This will condition her not to repeat it.