Tips To Help Your Child Overcome Fear
1. Talk to your child about what causes fear, and what are the things that make him fearful.
2. Lend him a good ear, and try to understand what makes him feel so. Please note that what you might feel trivial might be of great importance to your child.
3. Try to say positive things about his fear and ensure that you make him face it upfront. For eg. If your child is afraid of darkness, accompany him to a dark place and show him that there is nothing at all to feel scared about.
4. Stories about bravery also work. Tell him that he is a big and brave, so that he nurtures the confidence in him and tries to put up a bold face.
5. Never hit your child over his shortcomings. This may damage his self esteem permanently.