Encourage Your Child To Create Stories From Experiences
- Your cutiepie is becoming more verbal and has great imagination skills. He will try to use his experiences in real life and may converse like adults. This is because he observes you, has self- awareness and wants to be independent just like you.
- If your child has read a book about a bus adventure, he may get into pretend play by using the sofa as a bus and imagine himself to be the driver going to the zoo, park as read in the story book.
- He may insist you to read the same story book every night. With repetition, get him to enact the story. Encourage him to say what comes next in the story.
- Encourage him to talk about his day. For instance, his visit to the nearby park. Ask questions, “What did you see in the park?” “What did you play?” etc. With practice, you will hear him talk about his visit to park, library, on his own next time.
- Be a good listener and give your undivided attention as he narrates the story. You will be thrilled at how creative and imaginative he can be.