How To Understand Your Child's World?
As a parent, knowing what your child goes through every day and understanding the same is very crucial because this aids in helping him grow and develop both mentally and physically. This will help you target certain areas that need immediate attention so that your child won't suffer later on. Here is how you can keep yourself updated.
1. Long conversations with your child is a must. This helps establish trust and strengthens the bond between your child and you. As he trusts you, he will be more open to sharing about anything that makes him happy or uncomfortable, without any hesitation.
2. Observe your child's activities as much as possible. Check if he sleeps well or if he has a disturbed sheep. This can tell a lot about what he feels. Observe him during play and as he eats. If there is a difference in the pattern, it is time to have a talk with him.
3. Do not be too critical if he does something wrong. This can negatively influence him and it can take a toll on his confidence and self-esteem. Positive reinforcement is going to nurture his growth all the way, irrespective of his age.
4. Watch your child as he socializes with his peers. Observe if he is being well received and accepted because if otherwise, he is sure to feel sad and depressed about it, especially if he is bullied.
5. Most of all, take initiative to find about about his day. Do not wait for your child to be in trouble and wait for him to come to you. Spend some quality time with him so he opens up to you.