Indulge in Pretend Play and Role Playing to Develop Speech Skills
- Your little one’s play changes. By observing you during the day and exploring the environment around him. He is now aware what is the role of different objects. Through imitation and pretend play, he is expanding his imagination and creative skills.
- You will see your child using banana as a phone and babbling, talking OR using a block as a car. He will be talking to his stuffed bear or toy and express himself through play.
- While reading books to your child, show your own role-playing skills (based on the characters of the story) to entertain him besides working on his speech and language skills. You can use animal soft toys to make it more lively and thrilling.
- Create simple activities with the existing objects at home and stimulate your child’s creative play.
- For instance, playing drums using rattle, spoons, pots, pans, etc. OR using a cardboard box and making it a home. You can show him some pretend play by knocking on the door and asking ''Is someone home?''