Opt For Toothpaste Over Tooth Powders
Taking care your child’s teeth is more than just using toothpaste and brush. It is very much necessary to take care of oral hygiene of your child so that she does not develop any tooth problem at such young age.
1. Avoid using tooth powders as they can be abrasive for your child’s teeth at times if not brushed the right way. She can fill her mouth with tooth powder and keep it long time, which will be harmful for her.
2. Make sure you apply pea-sized amount of toothpaste on her toothbrush. Ask her to spit the foam formed and do not swallow the toothpaste. If she swallows the toothpaste, it could be harmful for her.
3. Take kid sized appropriate toothbrush and toothpaste. Make sure you are using fluoride free toothpaste. Make brushing a fun activity for her rather than a chore. Help her developing her interest in self care, which includes brushing your teeth. If she resists using toothbrush, take appropriate toothpaste in your finger and gently brush her teeth with your finger.
4. Make her stand in front of mirror while brushing her teeth. Ask her to cross check her brushing strokes in mirror. Try brushing your own teeth and letting her copy you as you perform the action.
5. Demonstrate brushing and let her copy you as your perform the action. Kids are great imitators and this will help her learn the correct process of brushing. Encourage her to brush her teeth twice a day on her own.