Quick Tips To Deal With Burns And Tend With Immediate First-Aid
1. Make sure the source of the burn is removed and your child is not in the danger of getting burnt again.
2. Move your child to a safe place.
3. Remove your child’s clothes immediately. If clothes are stuck on the burnt area do not remove it by yourself.
4. It is essential to wash the burnt area under running water for 20 minutes. This helps in arresting the damage that can occur to the skin.
5. If the burn area is very big stop cooling after 20 minutes; this can lead to lowering of your child’s temperature which can be dangerous.
6. Apply a wet cloth or a loose dressing over the burnt area.
7. Rush your child to the doctor or hospital for a second opinion.