Quick Tips to Inculcate in Your Child the Art of Sharing
1. Parents are the first role-models for their children. It is important for you to show what sharing is in action rather than speaking to your toddler about it.
2. Think of situations where your toddler could practice sharing their stuff. You can start by allowing your toddler to play with one kid or arrange a play date and help him take baby-steps to share their toys.
3. You can also show your child examples of other kids or point to him when their friend shares their toys. This will help him to understand and model the same behavior.
4. Make your child understand that taking turns while playing with a toy in a group is a good thing to do. This helps in fostering the idea of sharing and waiting when the kid in the group is using the toy.
5. When you get to see your kid sharing by taking turns, appreciate and praise immediately.