Tips to be an Amazing Stay-at-Home Mom
The decision to be a stay-at-home mom is important yet a difficult one. It is an established fact that stay at home mothering is the hardest job than any other job. It is a job with no breaks, no vacation time, or sick days and you have to remain available 24/7. So here are some important tips you can follow to make you an amazing stay-at-home mom.
1. Set up a schedule: It is a good idea to set up a schedule and follow it consistently. Be it waking up kids and making them ready for school, finishing your chores, TV time, play time or sleep time. The key to having success in keeping up with the routine is to keep it simple.
2. Wake up early: Wake up at least half an hour early before your kids so that you can catch up on morning news, have a cup of coffee and review your routine for the day.
3. House work: Just because you are at home don’t feel guilty, take the help of a maid or someone to help with chores. If not, then do little work at a time instead of finishing all your work in that same day. Try to include your kids (little older ones) in doing tasks around the house like clearing the table, cleaning the room.
4. Prepare for the next day or next week: You can prepare in advance for the next day or next week by creating a to-do list. This will save you from a lot of tension. These could include any outside work, food to be packed in kid’s tiffin boxes or food for the whole day or week.
5. Don’t say “No” all the time: Try not to say ‘No’ to your kids every time. Think of ways you can rephrase your answer. For example instead of saying ‘Not now’ you could say ‘May be in the evening’ or ‘May be tomorrow’. If your child wants to play in the mud, eat a bit of junk food or watch a little bit more of TV then it is okay to allow it once in a while.
6. Limit Electronics: Shut off the TV, mobile or gaming consoles and play along with your kids. Take them out for a walk, sing and dance or do crafts. This is a good way to bond with your kid.
7. Show love everyday: Show love to your kids in every possible way. Hug, kiss and cuddle them. Encourage them whenever possible. A simple ‘Thank you’ or ‘Job well done’ will enhance your relationship with your kids.
8. Take care of yourself: Taking care of yourself is good for you and your family in the long run. Eat right, exercise, go out and socialize. Leave your kids with your husband or their grandparents and indulge yourself in some beauty treatments or a date with friends.
9. Teach kids to play independently: Just because you are at home doesn’t mean you have to keep playing with your kids all the time. Encourage them to play independently so that you can get some work done.