Try To Influence Your Kid's Food Preferences Towards Healthy Eating
- Your child can’t understand why he should eat healthy foods. However, you can provide healthy foods for your cutiepie to eat at each meal. It is surely a challenge to get him to eat right but with patience, positivity and practice, mealtimes will become enjoyable for both of you.
- Let a new food be part of other food items that he is familiar about and is his favourite. If he does not have it, try again after few days.
- Give him a new snack when he is actually hungry. Limit intake of crackers, biscuits, etc.
- Try to incorporate vegetables and other foods in creative ways to get him to eat. For instance, mix vegetables with rice and dal(khichdi), or make small pieces of chapattis and mix with milk.
- Don’t force him to finish his meal and make it a power struggle for both of you.
- Ensure the meal time is calm and relaxed. Avoid distractions like TV or gadgets around the little one during this time.