Preeclampsia is a pregnancy complication where you suffer from high blood pressure and signs of damage to another organ system mostly liver and kidneys. It begins after the 20th week of the pregnancy and can also affect women whose blood pressure has been normal. If it is left untreated, it can prove to be extremely fatal and cause complication to both you and your baby. The best treatment for this is delivery of the baby, and even postpartum, it might take you some time to get better.
Most of the times preeclampsia comes without any symptoms and high blood pressure may just develop slowly or suddenly exhibit the same somehow. You must regularly monitor your blood pressure, and other signs as such excess protein in your urine, severe headaches, changes in vision, blurred vision, nausea, and shortness of breath and decreased level of blood platelets.
• A history of high blood pressure prior to pregnancy
• A history of preeclampsia – any immediate family member suffering from it or past history can raise the risk of this disease.
• Having a mother or sister who had preeclampsia
• A history of obesity – obesity raises the risk of this disease during your pregnancy
• Carrying more than one baby
• History of diabetes, kidney disease, lupus, or rheumatoid arthritis
• First pregnancy – the risk of this disease during your first pregnancy is higher.
• Age – the risk of preeclampsia is higher if the pregnant woman is too young or your first pregnancy is after the age of 40
• An interval between pregnancies – if there is an interval of more than 10 years between two pregnancies then it gives a higher risk of getting this disease.
• During your previous pregnancy if you conceived through vitro fertilization then it leads to greater risk in getting this disease.
The more severe your preeclampsia and the earlier it occurs in your pregnancy, the greater the risks for you and your baby. Preeclampsia may require induced labour and delivery.
Compare Maternity Package Costs from Various Hospitals and Book Directly on Parentlane
You can check rates of Normal Delivery, C-Section, Instrumental Delivery, Twin Baby Rates apart from other services related to Tubectomy as well across all hospitals and get direct assistance to book.
You get complete pregnancy care support from Parentlane with unlimited consultation with doctors, pregnancy specialists, guidance on nutrition & fitness needs based on your condition. Talk to Parentlane Pregnancy Counselor for any assistance
Delivery Charges in CitiesDelivery Charges in Mumbai Delivery Charges in Delhi Delivery Charges in Bangalore Delivery Charges in Chennai Delivery Charges in Hyderabad Delivery Charges in Gurgaon Delivery Charges in Noida Delivery Charges in Kolkata Delivery Charges in Ahmedabad Delivery Charges in Pune