Normal Delivery Charges are usually lesser compared to cesarean (C-section), the rates are mostly based on the consulting doctor, hospital facilities, type of hospital, days of stay and many other factors. Normal delivery stay in hospitals is usually around 2 nights or 3 days, whereas the average stay for cesarean delivery at hospitals can go up to 3 nights or 4 days. This is one other factor why the normal delivery rates are lower at hospitals.
At Parentlane, you could compare normal delivery charges at nearby hospitals which are preferred by you, by your doctor and book seamlessly. Talk to the expert now and get personal assistance with 0% EMI options as well.
Inclusions from the Package
Early Booking Special Offers
Exclusions from the Package
Compare Prices and Get Best Deals on Your Normal Delivery package
Choose Hospitals of Your Choice. Get access to 5000+ Hospitals Network
Book Hospitals Preferred By Your Consulting Doctor
Experienced and Specialist Doctors
0% EMI options and Best Deals
Free Insurance Claim Support
Free Post Surgery Support
Pay During Admission Option Available
Transparent Pricing, No hidden charges
There are many types of assisted normal deliveries. Assisted normal delivery occurs when a mother is not able to push the child to the birth canal. Assisted means it requires special instrument like vacuum extractor, forceps or medication to help extract the baby from vagina.
1. Vacuum extraction: If the baby’s head got stuck towards canal or mother not able to push the baby further to the canal, the vacuum extraction method is applied. A doctor will place a suction device on your baby’s head applying some force, required to pull the baby out while the mother pushes.
2. Forceps delivery: Sometimes, the doctor may have to insert forceps into the birth canal. They are big forceps that cup the baby's head, allowing the doctor to reposition the baby and hence extracting the baby. This method is used when the mother got exhausted, and hence unable to push the baby out of canal or if the baby's heartbeat slows while the head is in the birth canal.
3. Episiotomy: In this method, a surgical cut or small incision is made between the vaginal opening and anus. It is being done when the vagina has not stretched enough to deliver the baby. The incision is made to enlarge the vagina or exit area so that baby can come out easily and safely. It is easier for the doctor to stitch this straight incision after the child birth.
4. Amniotomy: In this process, the water bag is deliberately ruptured using a plastic hook. This is being done to release the amniotic fluid from sac to induce labor during childbirth.
5. Induced labor: It is the stimulation of uterine contractions by the doctor before the actual labor initiates. Labor induction is being practiced if the pregnancy is postterm or the baby’s or mother health is at risk.
As a pregnant woman, you will experience some symptoms before delivery. The symptoms may vary for each woman however, it is always good to know few common symptoms. There is nothing to worry about if you experience any of the symptom given below. Just call your doctor and explain the symptom.
Symptoms that appear few weeks before normal delivery
Symptoms that appear few days before normal delivery:
Symptoms that appear few hours before normal delivery
Getting prepared for the delivery in advance is a nice idea. Packing the essentials in your hospital bag is one of the most important thing. Here is a list of items you should pack in your maternity or hospital bag.
First of all you will need 3 bags, one bag for you, one for the baby and then another bag for the labor room.
1. Hospital Bag for Labor room
2. Hospital Bag For new mom after delivery
3. Hospital bag For baby after delivery
The labor can begin with your water breaking or medically refers to the rupture of amniotic sac leads to discharge of amniotic fluid. Once the water bag breaks, the baby has 24 hours to be delivered safely without risks of complications. The labor can last anywhere from minutes to hours, may vary for each woman.
Labor itself is divided into 3 phases.
Duration of Normal Delivery Time:
With the completion of cervix dilation, its time to help your baby come out through the birth canal i.e. vagina. Normal delivery generally takes 30 minutes to one hour but it can be as short as 10 minutes too.
Usually, normally delivery takes place nearby the completion of pregnancy time. It is recommended to stay pregnant till 39 weeks and then wait for natural labor to start on its own. If the pregnancy exceeds, the doctor will induce labor and help you achieve normal delivery depending upon the medical condition at that time.
Pains during labor and delivery time
Many women go into labor at different times, so it can be a complete surprise when you are going to deliver the child. Some women have little pain, while other experience major amounts of pain during labor.
The pain at childbirth is holistic. Your partner can encourage you to feel healthy and confident for childbirth. This will help ease pain. You may ease pain by some relaxation and breathing exercises during labor. You may walk, take massage, bath or shower or listen to music. These methods may help you ease pain.
The way mother requires care during pregnancy, postpartum care is utmost crucial. The postpartum healing period for mother is about 6 weeks. The care taken during this time will benefit in future.
Getting proper sleep for 8 hours after childbirth is difficult, however, your body lots of rest. Take rest when your child sleeps.
Do not stop calcium or iron immediately after child birth. Woman loss iron from their body due to excess bleeding. Nutritious and easily digestible diet is the main key to have a healthy and fast postpartum recovery.
Remember, postpartum time is your healing time. Try to take help for household work. Ask your spouse or parents to help you changing baby diapers or other works.
Your body has gone through several changes during pregnancy. The change in hormones after delivery leads to depression or mood swings. Handling the postpartum depression is very important.
Tell your spouse and family members about the same well in advance. Seek support from your partner.
Prefer Normal Delivery
You must prefer natural or normal delivery as it has associated benefits for the mother and child.
Normal delivery requires a short recovery time for mother. Your hospital stay would be minimal.
The bacterium released during normal delivery will be received by baby helps in building his strong immune system. It also decreases the risk of respiratory disease in children.
The baby born through normal delivery are less prone to pneumonia.
You will have shorter labor.
Normal delivery leads to ease in breastfeeding. It allows you to have a normal diet very soon.
Healthy Diet: A nutritious and healthy diet throughout the pregnancy leads to normal delivery. Food with rich spices leads to heart burn or other stomach problem during pregnancy.
Start Exercise: Join yoga classes or ask your doctor for other exercises to start with. Squatting at later stage of pregnancy helps building pelvic ones stronger.
Remain active: Keep yourself busy and active. Take proper rest but not be lazy.
Remain positive: Read good things, listen to good music helps you remain positive and patient. This will help you bear labor easily.
Having a baby is a wonderful experience for you and your partner. Get ready for the sleepless nights yet wonderful experience throughout the motherhood.
You can choose the best doctors at hospitals near to your location and book your complete pregnancy package with Parentlane. Book now to talk to a counsellor for free!
Consult with Experts for FREE