Apple Cinnamon Crumble
Time to give your child something sweet to chew on to soothe the teething gums. With the added goodness of apples, this sweet delight of Apple Cinnamon crumble will keep your child asking for more.
Ingredients to make Apple Cinnamon Crumble:
1 apple, plain flour, 3 tsp sugar, a pinch of cinnamon, yogurt
Steps to make Apple Cinnamon Crumble (2 servings):
1. Peel and slice one apple and stew in the microwave with 2 tbsp water for 2-3 minutes.
2. Mash with a spoon and spread in an oven proof bowl.
3. In a bowl mix together 25gm plain flour, 3 tsp sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Rub in 10gm butter to this mixture to form crumbs.
4. Spread the crumbs on the stewed apples and bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
5. Serve with a dollop of yogurt over it.
Yogurt will add calcium to the dish. Make this your child’s evening snack or for a little after-meal sweetness.