Asparagus Risotto is an extremely healthy and delicious recipe that provides one with the nutritional benefits of asparagus. Asparagus has a high content of pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, protein, iron, zinc, vitamin A, choline, potassium, niacin, phosphorus, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin E, C, B2, selenium, copper, folate, and vitamin K.
Ingredients to make Asparagus Risotto:
8 medium asparagus spears, ½ cup risotto rice, 1 ½ cups water or vegetable stock, 1 ½ tsp. unsalted butter
Steps to make Asparagus Risotto:
1. Trim the rough ends of the asparagus and cut into 1” pieces.
2. Steam the asparagus pieces in a steamer for about 5 minutes till they are soft and tender. Set aside for cooling.
3. Later, puree the asparagus in a blender and set aside.
4. In a pan, cook the rice in water or vegetable stock for 20 minutes, till the rice is soft and creamy.
5. Remove from the flame and cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
6. Take off the lid, stir in the butter and asparagus puree and let it cool further.
Asparagus Risotto is ready.