Make a delicious dessert with this simple recipe. Baked custard is very easy to prepare and offers the nutritional value of eggs. Eggs are a rich source of protein, copper, iron, zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 and selenium.
Ingredients: 2 whole eggs, 2 extra yolks, 60g caster sugar, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 500 ml thin cream, 1 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven at 165oC. Place four ramekins on a baking tray.
2. Fill 1/3rd of the ramekins with water and set aside.
3. Heat cream in a pan and remove just before scalding.
4. Mix the eggs, egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
5. Add the warm cream gently into the bowl containing eggs.
6. Pour the batter into the ramekins and bake for about 50 minutes.
7. Check with a knife to see if the custard has cooked well.
8. Sprinkle a little ground nutmeg on the custard and serve.
Make this delicious dessert using this recipe!