Butternut Squash Puree
Do you cook oats for your baby often? It is definitely a good practice to cook oats for babies due to their high nutritional value. But you can make your oats even more delicious and nutritious by adding prunes to the oats. Prunes are a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, copper, fibre and potassium.
Ingredients: ¼ cup rolled oats, 4 pitted prunes, water.
1. Grind the oats in a food processor into a fine powder.
2. Heat water in a pan and add the oatmeal. Cook for about 5 minutes till the mixture thickens.
3. If you want to thin the mixture, you can add a little water.
4. In another pan, boil the prunes in ¾ cup of water. Cook till the prunes are soft and tender.
5. Remove the prunes from heat and blend into a smooth puree.
6. Before you serve your little one, mix a spoonful of oatmeal with a spoonful of pureed prunes.
Easy, isn’t it? Try it out today!