Chicken Soup - Natural Medicine For Cough and Cold
Chicken soup is solid comfort food and a great remedy for cough, cold, and congestion. If the weather gets to you, try this super easy chicken soup recipe to soothe your throat and nose.
Ingredients to make Chicken Soup:
Diced chicken breast, garlic, chopped onion, grated ginger, clarified butter, ground pepper, turmeric powder, water
Steps to make Chicken Soup:
1. In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tsp clarified butter.
2. Add ¼ tsp grated ginger, ½ tsp crushed garlic, and 1 chopped onion; cook until they turn slightly brown.
3. Add diced chicken breast (1), a pinch of ground pepper, a pinch of turmeric powder, and salt to taste.
4. Add 1 cup water, close the lid and cook for 6 whistles.
5. Open the cooker once it cools down and boils for ten more minutes.
6. Strain the soup through a sieve and serve warm.
The natural goodness of Indian spices will enhance the flavors and add to the overall nourishment value.