Chickpea and Spinach Soup
Make a delicious soup using chickpeas and spinach. Chickpeas and spinach are both reservoirs of nutrients. While chickpeas provide magnesium, vitamin B6, iron, calcium, protein, dietary fiber, carbohydrates, and potassium; spinach provides choline, protein, zinc, Vitamin B1, phosphorus, dietary fiber, vitamin C, potassium, calcium, vitamin E, B6, B2, copper, and iron.
Ingredients to make Chickpea and Spinach Soup:
½ cup boiled chickpeas, 1/3 cup finely chopped spinach, 5-6 mint leaves, ¼ tsp. lemon juice, ¼ tsp. ajwain seeds, ¼ tsp. turmeric powder, ¼ tsp. grated ginger, salt, 1 tsp. vegetable oil.
Steps to make Chickpea and Spinach Soup:
1. Puree the chickpeas and mint with a cup of water and set aside.
2. In a thick bottomed pan, cook the ginger and spinach for about 1 minute.
3. Add the ajwain powder, turmeric powder and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the chickpeas puree into the pan and mix well. Add lemon juice and salt and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add water if you want to thin the consistency of the soup.
Delicious Chickpea and Spinach Soup's ready to serve! Try out this recipe today!