Cooked Vegetables with Dal and Rice
Cooked vegetables with dal and rice is a common dish that is always apt. when looking for something healthy and filling. This is because of its high nutritional value. This dish is made with rice, dal, and vegetables, which are a high source of nutrition. Rice provides carbohydrates, dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A, niacin, vitamin D, calcium, iron, thiamine, and riboflavin. Lentils are a rich source of potassium, vitamin B1, copper, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, folate, molybdenum, and tryptophan.
Ingredients to make Cooked Vegetables with Dal and Rice:
½ cup rice, ½ cup dal, ½ a carrot chopped, ½ onion chopped, ½ tbsp. cumin powder, ½ a tomato chopped, 5 curry leaves, 1 tbsp. ghee
Steps to make Cooked Vegetables with Dal and Rice:
1. Cook the rice and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and sauté the chopped onions. Add the cumin powder and cook till the onion is soft and translucent.
3. Now add the chopped carrots and tomato and cook for a few minutes. Next, add the dal.
4. Cook the dal with water. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook till you get 1 whistle.
5. On cooling, add the rice and pressure cook the ingredients once again. Cook till you get one more whistle.
Garnish with tempered curry leaves.