Dal Curry recipe is quite simple and involves moong dal which a good source of carbohydrates, dietary fiber, magnesium and iron. Also, tomato is another major ingredient which offers Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6 and Vitamin A. You can offer this dish during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: ½ cup moong dal, 1.5 cup water, 1 medium sized onion, 1 medium sized tomato, 2 green chilies, 2-3 dry red chilies, 10-12 curry leaves, ½ inch ginger, ginger-garlic paste, ¾ tbsp black mustard seeds, 1tbsp cumin seeds, ½ tbsp turmeric powder, ½ red chili powder, 1 tbsp kasuri methi, 2-3 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 to 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, salt.
1. Take ½ cup moong dal and rinse it in water.
2. The next step is to add the lentils in a pressure cooker. Now, add a pinch of turmeric powder along with 1.5 cup water.
3. Pressure cook the lentil for 8-9 whistles over medium flame. Once the dal is cooked, mash it and keep it aside.
4. Take a pan and heat oil or unsalted butter. To this add black mustard seeds.
5. Allow the seeds to crackle and then add t tbsp cumin seeds. Saute the content for a while.
6. Next step is to add 1 medium sized onion and 1/3 chopped onions.
7. Then add ginger-garlic paste. Saute it until the raw smell disappears. Add 10-12 curry leaves, 2-3 dry red chilies along with 1-2 green chilies. (Recommended for children usually above 1 year only)
9. Saute the content and now add spice powders.
10. The next step is to add 1 medium sized chopped tomato.
11. Add fried mixture to the dal.
12. Stir the dal with the remaining masala mixture.
13. Add water and stir the content to gain consistency. Sprinkle some garam masala and stir it for a minute.
Try the recipe today!