Dhal Khichdi For Giving Strength To Your Chota Rustum
It’s time to introduce your little one to the holy grail of most Indian households- pulses and rice. This is best recommended for infants aged 11 months and over. You can also add a few veggies to give the khichdi a nutritional kick!
Ingredients: 1 tsp of ghee, some cumin seeds, 1 tbsp of moong dal, 2 tbsps of rice, water, carrots, beans and salt.
1. Heat ghee and add some cumin seeds, roast until it turns slightly brown.
2. Sauté moong dal in the ghee and add rice and continue sautéing.
3. Transfer the sautéed dal and rice to a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water.
4. Add small chunks of carrots and beans.
5. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 2-3 whistles.
6. Let it cool then mash it lightly to make it easier for your infant’s consumption.
As your infant gets adjusted to other vegetables, you can add those to this khichdi and make it even healthier.