Healthy Red Lentil and Mixed Vegetable Soup
This red lentil and mixed vegetable soup is a delicious dish that is made from healthy red lentils and mixed vegetables. This soup is not only delicious but also highly nutritious. Red lentils offer vitamin B6, potassium, zinc, pantothenic acid, vitamin B1, protein, iron, manganese, phosphorus, and copper. Vegetables are rich in a list of vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients to make Red Lentil and Mixed Vegetable Soup:
½ an onion, 1 carrot, 3 tbsp. red lentils, 1 sweet potato, water, 1 tbsp. oil
Steps to make Red Lentil and Mixed Vegetable Soup:
1. Chop the onions, carrot and sweet potato.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the chopped onions. Next, add the chopped carrots and sweet potato and cook for a few minutes.
3. Next, add the red lentils and cover the pan. Cook for 30 minutes.
4. When the lentils and vegetables are done, switch off the flame and set the pan aside for cooling.
5. Remove the ingredients and process in a blender till you get a smooth soupy consistency.
6. Add more water if required.
Cook this healthy soup today!