Keema Matar can be prepared at home easily and it is a dish that promises a nutritious diet. This is a healthy main course recipe that can be served either during lunch or dinner. Lamb is a prime ingredient, which is a rich source of protein, vitamin B-12, and magnesium. Moreover, peas are also present, which offer vitamin C, carbohydrates and vitamin A.
Ingredients to make Keema Matar: 1 large onion, 2 garlic cloves. 4 cm piece ginger, 3 tbsp. oil, 500g lamb mince, 2tsp. turmeric, ½ can chopped tomatoes, 2 tbsp. natural yogurt, 200g frozen peas, 1 small bunch of coriander
Steps to make Keema Matar:
1. You need to first chop the onions, ginger, garlic as well as chilies. Add them to a food processor. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the content.
2. To this add lamb mince and fry until it turns brown.
3. Next move is to add the spices and fry for another min.
4. Add tomatoes and bring the content to simmer. Stir yogurt, salt, and black pepper.
5. Add a splash of water and let the content cook for 30 mins.
6. Finally, add the frozen peas and cook the mixture for 5 mins.
You can serve the dish with bread or chutney. Try it today!