Ever wonder what it’s like to make your own version of Cerelac as baby food? Try the Multi-Grain Homemade Cerelac Baby Food for 6 months old! Here’s how!
Enriched with the goodness of protein, vitamins, magnesium, potassium, this yummy homemade baby food is full of fibres. This complete meal is a high source of energy and easy to digest. Mixed with grated veggies, it will be a delicious dish for your baby.
1 bowl arhar dal, 1 bowl moong daal, 1 bowl chana daal, 1 bowl red masoor daal, 2 bowls rice, almonds, cashews, walnuts, cumin seeds 1 tbsp, ½ tbsp hing (Measuring cup used, 1 bowl=50 gm)
1. Wash all the pulses and rice well. Soak them in enough water overnight or for at least 4-5 hours. Let them dry in sunlight.
2. Meanwhile, dry roast almonds, cashews, walnuts in a heavy bottomed pan. Let them cool down and then grind them into a fine powder in a mixer. Sieve the powder to separate any husk.
3. Dry roast all the pulses one by one. The rice will splutter on roasting. Keep them aside and let it cool. In the meantime, dry roast cumin seeds and hing.
4. Grind all the pulses, rice and spice into a coarse powder. Transfer the mixture to a plate.
5. Mix the dry fruits mixture in the pulse rice mixture. Store the multi-grain cereal powder in an airtight container.
6. Take 1 cup of water and boil it. Pour some water in a bowl and mix a spoon of cereal mixture.
7. Dissolve the mixture in a bowl and avoid any lump. Mix it in the remaining water and boil the same for another 5 minutes.
8. Add a pinch of falahari salt (optional). It should be in semi-solid or paste form.
9. Add ghee over the top. Let it cool down and serve it to your baby.
Yummilicious multi-grain homemade cerelac for baby is ready! Serve this dish to your little one. It can be used while you’re traveling as well and is one of the best baby food to feed your little one with.
Note: Grated veggies like carrot, spinach, tomato etc. can be added to enhance the taste and nutritional value.
NOTE : Till 1 Year, don't use Honey. Replace sugar with Jaggery. Use minimal salt, spice and condiments like chillies, onion, pepper
Disclaimer : Content presented here is for information purposes only, please consult with your doctor for any health queries