Wondering what to cook with oats? Oats are highly versatile when it comes to culinary experimentation. Oats Khichdi is a yummy dish, which is also very nutritional. Oats are a rich source of protein, zinc, chromium, dietary fiber, magnesium, vitamin B1, biotin, and copper.
Ingredients to make Oats Khichdi:
¼ cup moong dal, ½ cup oats, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp grated ginger, 2 cups water, salt, ghee, a pinch of turmeric, a pinch of hing, 1 cup chopped carrots, onions, bell pepper, cauliflower
Steps to make Oats Khichdi:
1. Soak the moong dal for half an hour.
2. In a pressure cooker, heat some oil and add cumin seeds and grated ginger. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add hing and sauté for a few seconds. Next, add the vegetables and fry them.
4. Drain water from the dal and add to the pressure cooker. Add oatmeal, salt and fry for about 2 minutes.
5. Pour water, close the lid of the cooker and cook till you get 1 whistle.
Add a little ghee and serve.