Pumpkin and Spinach Risotto
Pumpkins are rich in copper, manganese, potassium, riboflavin, vitamin C, vitamin A, dietary fiber, magnesium, iron, folate, Vitamin B6, niacin, thiamine, and vitamin E. Spinach is a rich source of sodium, manganese, copper, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, folate, vitamin B6, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin A, protein, and dietary fiber. Brown rice is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, magnesium, Vitamin B6 and dietary fiber. This recipe combines all these ingredients and gives you a highly nutritional dish.
Ingredients to make Pumpkin and Spinach Risotto:
2 cups chicken stock, a 1/4th piece of butternut pumpkin, 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 cup rice, a handful of spinach leaves finely chopped
Steps to make Pumpkin and Spinach Risotto:
1. Peel the pumpkin, deseed and chop into small pieces.
2. Cook the pumpkin in water till it is soft and tender.
3. Heat some oil in a pan and add the rice. Cover the rice completely in oil.
4. Add the stock and cook the rice.
5. Next, put the cooked pumpkins, spinach leaves, cooked rice and a little bit of vegetable stock into a blender and process into a smooth puree.
Cook this delicious meal today using this recipe!